Even though it is still basketball season, baseball season is slowly closing in. I was just wondering about some thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season. I personally think that Gate City and Castlewood will be the teams to watch in Region D.
Even though it is still basketball season, baseball season is slowly closing in. I was just wondering about some thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season. I personally think that Gate City and Castlewood will be the teams to watch in Region D.
JJ Kelly will make some noise
Should be a good season all around.
Gate City will be the early favs. Kelly, Coeburn, Burton and PV should also be in the mix very closely. Seems like the pitching will be pretty good this year in the league.
Bentley from Kelly will be a strong arm, Peters from Burton will also be a very strong arm. Lawson from PV is not bad either. Jennings is also a very capable picther for Coeburn.
Godsey from Burton is the most impressive power hitter I have seen since Adkins from Kelly.
Should be much like the basketball season with the top spot more open than it is in basketball.
Lets hope for some warm dry weather.
Kelly beat GC 3 times. Twice in the regular season and once in the district title game with a score of 11-3. Kelly also beat Casltewood in the region semifinals on their home field. So IMO Kelly is the favorite in the district and region.
The tournament not the regular season title.
Well, much like basketball until someone knocks off GC, they still are the preseason favs. Im not trying to say this or that, just a small look on things. The LPD is not going to be decided on the board. So, it should be interesting, next season will be fun as well in the region with powerhouse Virginia High coming into the region. VA High is a year in year out power in AA. Battle and Lebannon along with GC will make that district a meat grinder in baseball, with Coeburn leaving I think it will have an adverse affect on the LPD's strength.
GC, Kelly, Burton, Coeburn and PV all should be quite competitive this year, Clintwood should field a better club than last year, althogh the loss of the one kid who transferred to Kelly will hurt. Any word on Pound and Appalachia? I would assumer the loss of Baber will hurt the Dawgs. Pound should field a scrappy team.
In region D TW could be a sleeper. They were 16-5 overall last year and only lost 1 senior.
Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban
Pound has a new coach so its too early to tell about that until we see them play a game or two
Clintwood will have a few more athletes on the field than in the past but I honestly don't see a whole lot of improvment. Kelly will be the team to beat, I think they only lost 2 seniors last year and they played ball all summer long.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Bookmarks